The Canadian provinces begin issuing Provincial Letters of Attestation For international students

The province of British Columbia in Canada announced the start of issuing regional letters of attestation to international students wishing to study in Canada starting March 4, 2024.

The British Columbia government explained that international students must now submit a provincial letter of authentication with their study permits, so that Al-Salah can obtain international student application licenses.

The British Columbia government explained that it had been able, during the recent period, to obtain a total allocation of 83,000 study permit applications from the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Department.

The number of approved study permits for 2024, according to the federal government's forecasts, is expected to reach approximately 50,000 approved study permit applications for international students.

It is noteworthy that last year, British Columbia received about 97,000 applications for a study permit for undergraduate programs in the province, and about 60,000 approved study permits were accepted.

The province says 53% of PALs will be for post-secondary institutions and the remaining 47% will be for private institutions, representing 27% fewer study permit applications for private institutions than in 2023. BC notes that the reduction is intended to address "growth "unsustainable."


The government of the Province of British Columbia in Canada explained that about 53% of PALs will be for post-secondary institutions and the remaining 47% will be for private institutions, and this represents about 27% fewer applications for a study permit for private institutions compared to last year 2023.

The British Columbia government said that this reduction announced by the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Department aims to “address unsustainable growth.”

It is worth noting that the PAL system for international students for the province of British Columbia in Canada is the first to be issued since and

British Columbia's PAL is the first to be issued since Citizenship and Immigration Canada placed a cap on the number of study permits to be issued during the current year 2024.

It is worth noting that several other Canadian provinces are also expected to follow British Columbia's example to meet the deadline of March 31, 2024.

Read also: Canada: Widespread warnings due to cold and stormy weather hitting these areas

Follow Us on Follow Akhbrna News at Google News
Join Telegram channel