How can expats apply for residency visas, birth certificates for newborns in UAE

Parents are obligated to complete their child's registration and acquire the necessary paperwork within 120 days of the child's birth to avoid penalties. The UAE is renowned for being an ideal location for families to thrive.

Expatriates are drawn to the country due to its safety, excellent healthcare and education standards, and vast opportunities for personal and professional growth. Registering the birth of a child in the UAE is facilitated by the government. Below is a comprehensive guide outlining the steps to register a newborn's birth and apply for their residency visa and Emirates ID.

Obtaining a birth certificate is the initial step in the registration process. According to the UAE government, residents have up to 30 days to register their child's birth in the country. If the parents have different nationalities, the child will inherit the father's nationality.

To obtain a birth certificate, the following documents are required: A translated and attested marriage certificate, if the original is in a language other than Arabic, copies of both parents' passports and residence visas, birth details provided by the hospital, and hospital discharge summary.

Attestation of birth certificates is required for expatriates by both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Mofa) and the Ministry of Health and Prevention (Mohap). Also required are stamps issued by either the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) or the Abu Dhabi Department of Health (Doh). You may apply for a birth certificate online or at any public health clinic for a charge of Dh60.

Parents have 120 days from the child's birth to secure their residency visa, Emirates ID, and passport. To apply for a passport, parents should visit their country's embassy in the UAE. The residency visa application process mirrors that of sponsoring a child's visa.

Eligibility criteria include holding a valid residence visa and meeting salary requirements (minimum Dh4,000 or Dh3,000 with accommodation). Mothers require approval from the ICP to sponsor their child. Failure to obtain the residence visa within the stipulated 120-day period incurs a Dh100 fee per day, and the child may not exit the country.

Documents needed for the residency visa application include the child's passport, birth certificate, and parent's identification. Applications can be submitted online through the GDRFA website or in person at an Amer center. Fees amount to Dh100 for urgent processing, plus a Dh10 knowledge and innovation fee.

Read also: UAE Banks Offer "Rent in Advance" Solution for Tenants

Follow Us on Follow Akhbrna News at Google News
Join Telegram channel