The UAE announces the types of residency visas that allow expatriates to work

The United Arab Emirates announces the types of residency visas that allow expatriates to work anywhere in the country

With more than 9.06 million expatriates hailing from 200 countries, the UAE boasts outstanding living standards. The expat community is expanding swiftly, a phenomenon credited to alterations in residence visa regulations and reforms in civil law.

Uae residency visas that allow expatriates to work

Upon entering the UAE with an entry or tourist visa, individuals are eligible for a residence visa. This permit, issued to those already in the country, grants the privilege of living and working in the UAE. Its duration, ranging from two to ten years, depends on the sponsor and the specific type of permit.

Foreign nationals who are looking for work possibilities in the United Arab Emirates can choose from four different categories of residence. Listed below are the many categories of permissions.

1. Green Visa for work

There is a form of resident visa known as the Green Visa that enables the bearer to self-sponsor for a period of five years. This eliminates the requirement that a UAE national or an employer sponsor the residence visa. The purpose of this initiative is to entice highly trained professionals, investors, business owners, and students to relocate to the nation.

Who can apply for a Green Visa?

Freelancers, self-employed and skilled employees can apply for a Green visa.

1. Freelancers and/or self-employed people

Freelancers and/or self-employed people who wish to apply for a Green visa need to submit

  • an authorization to work independently or as a freelancer issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization.
  • evidence that you have earned a bachelor's degree or a high-level diploma.
  • evidence that they have maintained a level of financial stability during their time in the United Arab Emirates, or proof that they have earned at least Dh360 000 annually from self-employment over the course of the past two years.

2. Skilled employees

To apply for a Green visa, skilled employees must

  • Possess a valid employment contract.
  • Be classified in the first, second, or third occupational level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
  • Hold at least a bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification.
  • Have a monthly salary not less than Dh15,000.

Renewing the visa

The visa is renewable for the same term upon its expiry.

2. Standard work visa

An expat can get a normal employment visa, usually for two years, if he/she is:

  • Employed in the private sector

Apply for a residency visa for a person working in the private sector – GDRFAD Dubai

  • Employed in the government sector or a free zone

Apply for a residency visa for an individual in (free zone) – GDRFAD Dubai

The employer must apply for the standard residence visa.

3. Golden Visa

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) offers a long-term residency visa known as the Golden Visa. This visa allows international talents to dwell, work, or study in the UAE while also getting access to special advantages such as the following:

  • Obtain a six-month entry visa allowing multiple entries, facilitating the subsequent issuance of a residence visa.
  • Secure a long-term, renewable residence visa with options for 5 or 10 years.
  • Enjoy the privilege of not requiring a sponsor for the visa application process.
  • Retain the flexibility to stay outside the UAE for more extended periods, exceeding the standard six-month limit, without jeopardizing the validity of the residence visa.
  • Exercise the right to sponsor family members, including spouses and children of all ages.
  • Sponsor an unlimited number of domestic helpers under the Golden visa scheme.
  • Ensure family members can stay in the UAE until the expiration of their permit duration even in the unfortunate event of the primary Golden visa holder's passing.

Golden Visa requirements

For those who have a UAE golden residence visa, the following are the conditions that must be met in order to receive a work permit through the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiritization (MoHRE):

  1. Submit a clear, colored photo against a white background.
  2. Provide a copy of a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months, along with a copy of a valid residency (Golden) Visa.
  3. Furnish an approved employment contract issued by the Ministry, featuring signatures from both the employer and the employee.
  4. Include academic certificates, specifically a clear certificate bearing the employee's name, duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. This attestation applies to various skill levels as specified.

Skill levels (1 & 2): Bachelor Degree or higher attested by the competent authorities;

Skill level (3 & 4): Diploma graduate or higher - attested by the competent authorities

Skill level (5): High school certificate - attested by the competent authorities

5. Professional license issued by the competent authority, such as a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional (professional license issued by the Ministry of Health - Department of Health)/Teacher, teacher assistant (Ministry of Education - Knowledge Authority (Dubai) - Abu Dhabi Education Council - Sharjah Education Council), Fitness Trainer (Youth and Sports Authority), or Advocate (Ministry of Justice) and so on.

4. Domestic worker visa

There are particular visa requirements in place for domestic workers in the UAE. Domestic workers, who frequently migrate from other countries to work in the United Arab Emirates, are the target of these legislation, which attempt to safeguard their rights and wellbeing.

For the most part, employers in the UAE are the ones that provide sponsorship for domestic workers. Consequently, their visa is dependent on their job with a particular home in order to be valid.

Here are some important details about visas for domestic workers in the United Arab Emirates:

  • The sponsoring expatriate must have a minimum monthly salary of Dh25,000.
  • There should be no familial relationship between the domestic worker and the sponsoring individual.
  • The sponsor must already be a UAE resident, residing with their family.
  • In the case of a domestic worker being a private driver, the sponsor is required to have two personal cars registered under their name in the UAE.

Read also: Abu Dhabi court obliges a man to refund 469,000 dirhams to his divorcee

Follow Us on Follow Akhbrna News at Google News
Join Telegram channel